1954 501z Selvedge Jean
This variant is currently sold out
The Levi's® Vintage Clothing 1954 501® Jean was originally released as the "501® Z," and represents Levi's® expansion into new territory. In the mid-1950s, Levi's® started selling its trademark 501® Jeans on the East Coast. Up to this point, Western states had been the primary sales region since the jeans first came about in 1873, and there the garment had grown a loyal following. East Coasters, however, were largely unfamiliar with this button fly work pant.
To make it more approachable for new wearers, Levi's® introduced a new version. They took the original 501® Shrink-to-Fit™ Jean, replaced the classic button fly with a zipper, and named it the "501® Z." It retained all the other details loved by longtime wearers: the famed silhouette, rivets and tough-but-flexible denim.
This jean is made with the same 12oz Red Selvedge denim they would've used back then. We recommend sizing up due to the Shrink to Fit nature of the fabric.
- The original blue jean updated with a zip fly, originally done for East Coast expansion
- Classic straight fit silhouette
- Made from raw, 12oz Red Selvedge denim
- Single-sided uppercase "E" Red Tab
- Straight fit through seat and thigh
- Sits at waist
- Slightly tapered leg
- 100% Cotton
- Zip fly
- Large back pockets with concealed rivets
- Two Horse Pull leather patch at back waistband